Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Invading My Inner Sanctum.

I have an annoyance.

It's not an earth-shattering annoyance or anything, but it's just a slight change in my regular routine that's bugging me.

You see, there's this girl who works at my gym - extremely pleasant, great personality, and has that outlook on life that you need when you're dealing with people at 5:30am.

I can understand that working part-time at a tiny local gym isn't where the big bucks are, and I'd be kidding myself if I said I was surprised to see that she had picked up a second job.

It's where here second job IS - that's where the annoyance comes in.

You see, she now works for the same company I do.

I don't work directly with her (she's in the other location) but now everytime I see her at the gym, the talk has gone from pleasant chit-chat to "work" talk - customers, things that happen, etc - our common ground has increased immensely.

And there's my annoyance - I go to the gym to not only better myself, but to get AWAY from talking about work. (The Wife and I work for the same company as well, so the goings-on of the business are a big subject at home.) It's my time and area to not think about what I do for 40+ hours a week. I could ask the Wife not to talk about work, but explaining that I want her to stop doing it so that some other girl can would go over about as well as you'd expect it to.

Yet I don't want to be rude and not talk to the girl at the gym - I just don't know how to break it to her that I don't want to talk about the job - maybe if I keep changing the subject, she'll get the hint.

Either that, or I'll have to duck out of the gym when she goes to clean the bathrooms...

Yeah - maybe I'll try that first.




Later.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:36 pm

    I hear ya! Some people just don't understand that we only have -X- amount of time in a given day to get done what we need to get done. In the same respect, when we are away from work, we are AWAY from work. I have a similar issue. Glad to hear it's not just me. :)
    http://frugalfatherliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just simply tell her this is your AWAY time from all that crisis so lets just simply enjoy gym and leave work to work .

    I think she ll understand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:56 pm

    Tell bitch to go fucker herself.
    "We work to have leisure, upon which happiness depends."
    --Aristotle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand that working part-time at a tiny local gym isn't where the big bucks are, and I'd be kidding myself if I said I was surprised to see that she had picked up a second job.

    ReplyDelete