Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Confession.

A friend and co-worker worker of mine did something horrible today: he brought in fresh-baked, chewy, soft, chocolate chip cookies.

That bastard.

Do you know how long its been since I've had a decadent dessert or treat? I had Applebee's after my Half Marathon, and I had waffles after my 15k, but since then, nothing. At treat for me lately is fruit and yogurt for dessert, or something equally healthy.

But I wanted that cookie. Oh, I wanted that cookie like 14-year old me wanted to touch a boob: with my entire being. I visualized the taste, the texture, the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of the chocolate, and how good it would taste with my coffee.

(Yes, coffee. Fuck milk and cookies. I'm a Dairy Guy who hates white milk - oh, the irony.)

I broke down. I succumbed to temptation.

Not only did I demolish that cookie, but one of it's sisters as well. It was a whirlwind of crumbs and teeth.

And it felt good.

Do I feel guilty? Well, sorta. But I justify it with the 10km run I did this morning, the apple I ate at lunch, and the fact that I just wanted it.

So there - I've confessed. My shame has been made public, my crime brought to light. It's like a weight has been lifted of my chest.

Confession is good - and tasty.




Later.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 pm

    Annapurna Sanctury Trek
    12345678910
    Welcome to Mountain Mart Treks and Expedition

    Namaste! We bid you a warm welcome to our official website!

    Mountain Mart Treks (MMT) is an independent ultimate outdoor adventure team, based In Nepal. We explore the unspoilt flora, fauna and landscapes of and around the towering Himalayas - as well as the treasures of myth and legend of Nepal, Tibet, India and Bhutan.

    MMT offers numerous alternative solutions for adventure, fun, research and eco tourism in these South Asian countries. Each trek or expedition can be adjusted to meet your needs. Our fully qualified and certified staffs bring many years of experience and enthusiasm to their work and are well placed to offer ‘your journey of a lifetime.’ Treks can be designed to match different fitness levels and requirements. Group sizes are kept small, for your greater enjoyment, and may range from one to ten persons. We offer a one-stop solution to your full range of travel requirements. .. read more
    http://www.mountainmarttreks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 pm

    Everest Base Camp trek has drawn adventurers since Mount Everest was first surveyed in the late 19th century. Mt Everest known as 'Sagarmatha' in Nepal and 'Chomolungma' in Tibet is popular dream destination among all adventure lovers. Everest Base Camp trekking is slightly demanding and requires a fair level of fitness before you begin. Most of the trail lies at the altitude over 3 000m, it is also essential that you trek slowly to avoid the possibility of AMS.

    The trek starts from Kathmandu after a short 35 minutes flight to the Tenzing-Hilary airport at Lukla (2642m). After the scenic mountain flight, the trek start through Sherpa villages and farmlands gradually rises to Namche Bazaar (3440m.) where few nights spend for acclimatization (to be familiar with altitude). During the rest days, we explore the large Sherpa village at Khumjung and experience their lifestyle, beliefs, skills and warmth. The Prayer flags, Chortens, Mani walls and Monasteries justify to the importance of Buddhism in their lives throughout the wilderness.

    Everest Base Camp (EBC) trek beyond Namche continues with several ups and downs and the trail continues to higher altitude where the night-time temperatures down to zero. You will get opportunity to explore the alpine vegetation. Finally, the one way trekking destination ends at the base camp of Everest or climbing the Kalapathar hill. Staying in the lodges and capturing the world's highest towering peaks, we hike back to Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu.

    Everest Base Camp Trek popularly known as EBC trekking is possible all most all year around but the best season for this trek is spring and autumn. During these two seasons, panoramic views of mountain including Everest and other several peaks are possible and the weather is good to trek. If you are wishing to do the Everest Base Camp Trekking, we Mountain Mart Treks and Expedition are always ready to provide information and arrange your trip.

    http://www.mountainmarttreks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies are my weakness...so good! I am glad you indulged, you deserve it!
    Now you have me thinking about cookies, damn you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I run so that I can eat stuff like that. Cookies trump fruit any day :)

    ReplyDelete