Friday, April 13, 2012

My Day: Intention vs. Reality.

Today is my day off.

When I went to bed last night, I had plans for the day. Grand plans. When I woke up, circumstances have dictated that my day is going to be different than I planned. Here's how it's going so far:

Intention:
Outside Run at the break of dawn.

Reality:

Treadmill (not that I'm complaining)

Intention:

Breakfast in Bed for the Wife and I.
Reality:

This pretty much says it all.
Intention:

Taking the kids for an outdoor adventure.

Reality:

Who knew 2 kids could house so much snot?


Intention:

Some light reading with my caffeinated friend.

Reality:

Just picture a mucus-y 6 year old instead of a fat baby.
  
.... and it's not even 11am yet.

I know that occasionally, hiccups develop on the road of life.

For some reason, today feels like full-on hurling instead. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Thank God for coffee.





Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment