Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Twofer.

I woke up this morning with grandiose plans.

I ran for 5km, went home, got the kids off to school, had breakfast, and was just about to head to the rink (I had the gear in the car and everything!), when my Mom called and the day went to shit.

It's personal stuff that I'm not going to disclose here, but let's just say my plans for a de-stressful day were fucked. I spent the rest of my day dealing with it until it was time to get the kids, and then their stuff had to take priority. It's still not settled, but its manageable, at least.

I was a fucking bottle of stress and all of a sudden the Wife had a great idea - she looked at me and said "Why don't you go for a run? You'll feel better."

The woman is awesome, I tell ya.

I just got back from my second run in 12 hours, and I feel pretty fucking great - it's not booze or chocolate, but the endorphins have me feeling pretty good.

And right now I'll take that.

Later.

*come back tomorrow when I return to my regular level of awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your day was fucked. I hate it when that happens.

    And as a wife myself, I will say this: You must have been one prickly, summabitch if your wife suggested you go for another run!!!

    Good for her for knowing how to make it work for both sides! (and hope today is better).

    ReplyDelete