Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Force is Strong in This One..


Thank You, Google.

Because of you and whatever math/algorithms/magic gnomes you use to generate your search results, the people I work with believe that I am some sort of mystic Internet Ninja.

Because I can type the gist (actual word, by the way - not just a sound you make when chewing gum.) of what I think they are asking about and click a resulting link (that isn't an ad), they now put me up there with such mythical beings as Gandalf, Dumbledore, and that one guy who got a shopping cart without putting a quarter in.

I've tried to show them how simple it is and explained that it's something they can easily do themselves. I'm not sure where you take them when they type something in, but it must be a scary place, because they seem amazed when I turn up with some piece of information, statistic, or paperwork that they thought would be impossible to find, or didn't exist.

I know I look like a hero every time I'm needed, but it does get tiring after a while.

So while I say thanks, Google, could you do me a favor and just have a link to on your front page that points to this:
It would really help.


Thanks,
Midlife Rambler.







Later.




*Quarter in the bathroom update: Still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment