Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Feel: The Waiting Room Edition.


- That taking my Mother to Victoria for Doctor Appointments (3.5 hour drive each way) makes for a loooong day.

- That my Mother's agile mind and sharp verbal wit (and ability to mock everyone we pass) amaze me.

- That I'm embarrassed about some of my music (around Mom at least) - the Kings of Leon were ok, but as soon as "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry came on, I changed Cd's.

- That Doctor's waiting rooms are what happen when a library, bus station, and an old folks home get together and have a dirty, dirty, three-way.

- That since I'm sitting in the waiting room right now, the previous statement kinda creeps me out.

- That it says a lot about me that my phone doesn't try to Autocorrect "Optimus Prime" or "Megatron" when texting Birthday/ Christmas ideas for the Boys.

- That you know technology has taken over when the lady doing crosswords in the paper is the "eccentric standout" in the waiting room. Isn't there an app for that, lady?

- That I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like that issue of Good Housekeeping on the table in here came out the same month I was born.

- That there's something hot about nurse's scrubs - I can't put my finger on it, but I'm willing to try..

- That the "place sample here" cupboard in the waiting room bathroom makes me feel like I should be doing something more productive than peeing.

- That the layer of dust on the waiting room plants makes me wonder how often the Doctor washes his hands. You can't keep fake plants clean and I trust you with my Mom?

- That, with the addition of me and the 20-something woman across the waiting room, the average age in here now 173 years old.

.... but not anymore - she's done and I'm outta here. Farewell, waiting room - I'll leave that magazine for the next generation.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment