Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eve of Christmas.


'Twas the day before Christmas,
And I am at work.
I only have to be here until 6,
So I'll try not to be a jerk.

I don't want to be here right now,
It's too busy to think,
But once it starts to slow down,
We get together and drink.

A beer or two for Christmas cheer,
And to chase the blues away.
The shopping's done, the door is locked,
And we're closed on Christmas Day.

Afterwards I'll go home,
To my Kids and Wife,
If I've had more than two beer,
She'll threaten me with a knife.

No wait, that's not true,
(Just in case she reads this)
I'll go home to a hero's welcome,
And probably a passionate kiss.

But that luxury is miles away,
As I still have 4 hours left
And it's going to be at least 2 more,
Before that first beer is heft.

But my tale is over,
For you who read this blog.
I'll probably take tomorrow off,
Due to overdose of Nogg.

I say it'll be Nogg
But it's a lie and a sin.
The reason that I stated that,
Was nothing rhymes with Gin.

I truly have to go now,
I'd love to stay, but can't.
I appreciate you reading this,
And listening to me rant.

Merry Christmas, people.



Later.

2 comments:

  1. home office1:02 am

    Merry Christmas my ole friend.

    http://homeofficerambler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete