Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Phone Thinks I'm Bilingual.

If you've read this blog before, I've made reference to the fact that I blog on my lunch quite a bit. I just pull out my phone, fire up the Blogger App that I have, and merrily type my rambling thoughts into a tiny, tiny digital keyboard.

Sure, like everyone else, I've had autocorrect bite me in the ass and replace "communication" with "condom" - but I'm not a complete retard, so I proofread before I post. (And don't blog drunk, kids - that's just silly.)

Where I have a issue with my phone is in its ability to switch to French at the push of a button - I'll be typing out a thought in English, hit the wrong key (right next to the space bar) and all of a sudden its suède école somethings thaïlandais I Fidj't intendant fo type.

(That is supposed to read "suddenly become something I didn't intend to type".)

The difference between that and the autocorrect mistake is that autocorrect is usually just one word, but hitting the French key fucks up whole sentences.

If it turned my shit writing into the suave words of a French poet, I could handle it - but it makes me sound idiotic, and I can do that all on my own.

Thanks for the help, phone, but no thanks.

Au Revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment