Saturday, August 06, 2011

Change it Up.

Since my foot is still an issue, I've switched from Running to Biking in an effort to get my cardio fix in - it's not too bad, but there are some differences I've noticed:
  1. It's easier on the feet, but tougher on the balls.
  2. As a runner, it seems to me that cars tend to give you a wide berth - on a bike, it's like cars fucking hate you.
  3. The plus with riding a bike is that the breeze cools you off - the downside would be the sweat gushing out of every pore the minute I stop.
  4. I don't know about you, but I don't have to wear a helmet when I run, so getting used to that is going to be a bitch. (If you do wear a helmet while you run, I suggest you join a different running club - you may have inadvertently signed up for the Special Olympics.)
  5. Going downhill on a bike? Waaaaay fucking easier on your quads.
  6. I think I'm going to need gloves as the grips on the bike are hurting my palms - and I really need those. (I gotta take care of what takes care of me, right?)
  7. It's hard to appreciate female bikers like female runners. Same amount of spandex, but the women on bikes are all hunched over..
  8. Did I mention it hurts my balls? 
No matter the differences, I kind of like the change - and even when my foot feels better and I can start logging miles again, it's still going to be part of my routine.

I'll just make sure to take the helmet off if I'm riding the bike in the gym.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment