Monday, May 30, 2011

Introductions Are In Order.

Right now, as I type this, "Tired of Waiting" by the Trews is playing on the radio here at work, and it started me thinking:

What was the "introductory" song for some of the bands you enjoy?

For me, I heard "Tired of Waiting" and immediately liked it, which prompted me to research and learn more about the band, and they have remained a favorite ever since.

So what song did it for ya? What hooked you?

What got me into Pearl Jam wasn't "Jeremy" or "Alive" - back then I couldn't stand Eddie and the boys -  it was hearing "Dissident" at a concert with the Sidekick that showed me what I was missing.

Believe it or not, but "Big Me" wasn't the song that made me dig the Foo - it was "This is a Call" - but the cheesy Mentos-style video did help Dave cement a place in my heart.

For KOL it was "Fans" - something about the pace, the beat, just the uniqueness of the song made me realize that sometimes it's good to pay attention to some of the stuff the Sidekick talks about.

For Pink Floyd, it was "Mother" - for Zeppelin, "The Ocean" - Kiss had "Deuce", and The Beatles was "When I'm 64".

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there are more. Put yours in the comments - It would be cool to hear them.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:16 pm

    "Everlong" for Foo Fighters.
    "You're so sober" for The Trews.
    "Bad Dream" for Keane.

    ReplyDelete