Monday, April 04, 2011

Ghetto Gym

A while ago, a new gym opened up in town.

I had heard about it, some of the people from my gym even decided to go there instead, but I was happy where I was and didn't think it was worth the extra $10 a month for a member ship. Really, a gym is a gym, right?

But then I went there today.

Holy Shit.

A guy I know gave me a free pass and said I should check it out. After hitting their treadmills, the ellipticals, and doing some weights on the machines, I have to say I'm impressed.

That gym makes mine look like I workout with hobos under the bridge instead of in an exercise facility. (it also made under the bridge seem cleaner than my regular gym.)

It's not that I'm impressed by the fancy lighting and tv's, I'm just impressed that everything is new and it works. (My gym has had a treadmill out of commission for six months). I'm also a fan of showers that work, friendly staff, and a kick-ass sauna.

It's a tough decision. I like my gym, the people there, and my love of the tanning booth is well documented on this site.

But the new gym is just so shiny....

I'll have to think about it.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment