Saturday, April 02, 2011

Fool of April.

Usually I'm all over April Fools Day.

Just the fact that there is a day devoted to pulling the wool over other peoples eyes warms the devious pit that is my heart.

And as most of the pranks or tricks are of the "good natured" variety, there's not even any guilt associated with anything you do. It's the ultimate win-win situation.

And I missed it.

It's not that I wasn't aware of the date - at work I have to write the date over and over again - its just that I had a total disconnect from the fact that yesterday wasn't just the first day of April, but also April Fools.

(And no one I worked with did any type of pranking at all, so it didn't even cross my radar.)

It wasn't until I got home last night and heard about different pranks online (my favorite is the "voice activated photocopier") that I even noticed.

So I'm a little disappointed.

But I'm hoping to make up for it - my kids don't know, but I'm hoping they understand the joke. ("Happy Late April Fools, Boys!")

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment