Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mourning My Mornings.

Usually my mornings go like this:
  • 5am - Wake up, get dressed, go to gym.
  • 6:45am - Leave gym, head home. Have coffee, check email, and relax before anyone's awake at -
  • 7:15am Get kids up, get them ready, take Boy to school by 8:15, go to work.

But due to the fact that it's Spring Break for the Boy right now and we don't even have them 'cause they are staying at their Uncle's for three days and I'm working late shift three days in a row, my morning looks like this:
  • 7am - Wake up, get dressed for the gym, wait for Wife to get ready for work.
  • 8:15am - Drop Wife off at work, go to gym.
  • 9:30am - Leave gym, go home and have coffee, eat etc.
My routine's all fucked up.

I don't mind the sleeping in, but the main thing I miss is the morning group at the gym and my quiet time by myself in the early morning.

Going to the gym with the later crowd is different - in the morning group, we're all fairly dedicated people, who realize that we are there that early for a reason: to work out and get on with our day. The people who go to the gym at 8:30 , for the most part, don't have jobs to go to - they are retired or just to old to work.

So a lot of talking happens with that crowd.

I'm not anti-social - far from it - but I don't go to the gym to socialize, so leave me the fuck alone and quit chattering to me. I swear to God I could have slapped three people today for nattering away at me.

I also miss the quietness of the house at 6:45am - nobody's up, the place is my own, and the day has yet to begin. It just isn't the same at 9:30 in the morning.


It'll all go back to normal soon - the kids are coming back tomorrow night - and once I'm done with the late shifts, my routine can settle once again.

And I'll never let it go.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment