Sunday, March 22, 2009

One Year Later.

It's amazing the difference a year can make.

Last year, on this very day, I blogged about how good it felt to run on the treadmill at my gym. I brag about running my first 5K on the thing, and sound amazed that my time was a 9:03 minute mile.

I then go on to say that the gym was going to be closed the next day, and I was going to try running outside.

And now, one year later exactly, I finish my first Half Marathon with a time of 1:44:55. (I'll hold for the applause.) That's an average 8:00 mile.

12 months ago I struggled to run 5K - today I finished 21.1K. (Mind you, the last 2K were hard.)
The sense of accomplishment I'm feeling is indescribable.

I'm hoping I can continue this trend - maybe next year I'll look at this post and say "1:44:55? What was I doing, walking?"



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment