Thursday, January 15, 2009

Large & In Charge.

I was In Charge today.

Imagine a scenario in which the President is dead, (think Bush, not Obama.) and the Vice President is incapacitated. Half of the House is out with the flu, so who's in charge?

Eventually you work your way down to someone inconsequential, like the Secretary of Agriculture, who by the power of the Presidential Succession Act, takes charge if no one else can.

Today I was the Secretary of Agriculture.

With two of my bosses on Vacation and another one on his day off, I alone wielded the power in my corner of the world.

And it was Good.

I'd like to say that it was all fun and games, but to tell you the truth, I was bored out of my mind. When you delegate as efficiently as I do, you end up leaving nothing for yourself. (Although that coffee won't drink itself, will it?)

All and all the day was fun, hopefully I get to do it again soon with out having to have someone bumped off.

Now that's career advancement....



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment