Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Body Is Weighing Me Down.

I started a new workout routine today, and it's kicking my ass.

You see, the only weight I use is my body. I know that doesn't sound like much, being as I am a svelte 180 pounds, but when you combine that with 20-30 reps per exercise, it adds up. By the end of the set, I'm gasping and sweating.

The hardest things about this workout are the return of two of my old enemies, the Lunge and the Chinup. It's amazing how one can make my arms ache and the other makes my ass muscles feel like they've had a long weekend in San Francisco. (Ho! A gay joke! Bet you didn't see that coming.)

I think that combining this workout with my Half-Marathon training, (and if I could stop eating peanut butter sandwiches) I should be able to lose those last ten pounds, which seem to be concentrated around my hips. (If I was a girl, I'd be called Muffin Top.) The irony of it all is that if I am successful with the workout I'll actually have to add weight to the routine to balance what I've lost.

But I think I'm up for the challenge.

Now if I can only get my hamstrings to stop cramping, I could get up out of this chair...



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment