Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Literary Wasteland.


I need something good to read.

How bad is it?

Right now I'm reading a novel by William Fucking Shatner, that's how bad it is.

It's not like Captain Kirk is a horrible writer, (he's no Bernhard Schlink, mind you.) but he is the equivalent of going to McDonald's and ordering the Number 2 Combo - you know what you're getting, and when it's there in front of you, there's really no surprise that it doesn't taste that good.

I'm looking for something with a bit of substance. Something that will make me wake up at 3 in the morning and go "So that's what that meant." I want something entertaining and stimulating.


And Shatner's just not doing it for me.

I guess I could peruse the book section at Amazon, and trust in the reviews to tell me whether or not the book is what I'm looking for, but I'd have just as much luck if I let a cow loose in the library and picked the first book it shits on. (Either one is hit or miss.)

Until I can find something, I'll finish off Bill Shatner's magnificent work - that's if I'm not too distracted wiping and flushing. (Eww...gross.)



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment