Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Thank You, IFC.

As quiet time rolled around the house today, (the Boys were resting and out of my hair) I flicked the channels looking for something interesting.

For some reason I stopped on IFC.

Now, I've never been a huge fan of indie movies. Outside of early Kevin Smith, nothing really springs to mind. But for some reason I caught this movie about 20 minutes in and couldn't stop watching.

The next thing I know two hours have gone by.

I think it was the noir-ish vibe the movie has - that, and the fact that just like Fargo, you can't help but be drawn into the way these people talk. Picture 1930's rough-P.I. talk from the mouths of angsty modern youth.

Something about it was just compelling.


I recommend it.

(I also recommend Team America: World Police, so take it as you will.)



Later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:49 am

    actually, lots of people recommended that movie. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete