Monday, July 28, 2008

10K, Bitches.

No, I did not win $10,000

But I did run 10K today.

I got up this morning, strapped on the shoes and ran. I'm pretty sure it's the farthest I've ever run in a single moment in my recent memory. (You do have to remember, I'm over Thirty and my memory is pretty shitty.)

I did it in 55 minutes.

I probably could have gone faster if I would have pushed it more at the start, but my goal today was just to finish it. I'm even more committed now to doing the 8K in Victoria and the 10K at Miracle Beach. Those are my goals for the fall. (Still part of my overall goals - it feels good to be making progress.)

I have to admit, I sprinted at the end to make it home in time, and it felt like the run kicked my ass. But it also energized me, 'cause the rest of the day at work wasn't that bad. (And The Sidekick and I did another 1.5 miles tonight. - I checked - Yay Google Earth!)

Can Runner's High last 24 hours?


God I hope so.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment