Friday, June 06, 2008

Time Flies.


Whoever said "Time flies when you're having fun" was obviously full of shit.

I was having a shitty day today and it still flew by.

I always find that if I have to have everything done by a certain time ( say a half hour earlier than usual), then time seems to run away from me. Things that would normally take 20 minutes to do suddenly take 45. Delays and needless interruptions continually pop up.

(What's that? You want to send a fax? Too bad - the lines tied up. Oh - now the paper's jammed - and there's a busy signal....sucks to be you.)

That's pretty much how my day at work went today.

It would be easier to accept if I was off work tomorrow, but I have to go in and cover the afternoon for someone who is sick. (I'm going to quote my good friend Mr. Hicks - "I'm not even supposed to be here today!") At least I won't be rushed to go anywhere.

I'm sure because I don't really want to be there that time will be a bitch and crawl forward, every second stretching out into eternity...

Oh yeah, it'll be great.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment