Monday, May 19, 2008

Easy Like Monday Morning.


This morning was great.

I got up at 6:15, and had my shoes on and was out the door in five minutes flat. The sky was overcast, it was a little cool, and the moisture from last night's rains hung in the air like a curtain.

Great running weather.

I headed out down the road, avoiding the scattered piles of dog shit by my neighbor's lawn, and wound my way towards my destination: The Sportsplex. (It's a fair distance from my place, and is a good middle point in my circuit.)

As I rounded into the parking lot, everything was as I wanted it - no people, no cars, not a soul in sight. I pulled a note from the Rocky handbook, and sprinted up and down the stairs ten times as fast as I could. (I looked like an idiot - hence my desire for no one to be around.)

When I was done, I casually retraced my steps home, getting a little sprint in now and then.

I like running in the morning, be it at the gym or outside. I wish my area was a little more rural, as right now I have to drive to get to any wooded areas to run, and I'd really like to try some trail running.

But I'll take what I can get, and enjoy my time in the morning.

It was a shame that I had to ruin such as positive moment by going into work. Ah well, what can you do?



Later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:49 am

    Hey,check out the amazing pictures you will love it!
    >>>click here!<<<
    and
    >>>click here!<<<

    ReplyDelete