Friday, April 18, 2008

Scaling Back.

Today was the last official weigh-in for The Biggest Loser contest at my gym.

There's quite a few people who have to get measured, so we won't know the official results until later next week. (Friday) Most people I saw figured I'd be the winner, but I suspect my competition was right behind me.

I do know a couple of things, though:
  • I lost 41.5 pounds - from 220 to 178.5. That's 19% weight loss right there.
  • My waist shrunk almost 10 inches. (9.75 to be exact.)
  • My BMI went from 30.2 to 24.2
  • I used to run about 1.5 miles in 20 minutes on the treadmill - just yesterday I ran 5K (3.1 miles) in 25:25.
  • I increased my muscle mass on my chest and arms by 1.5 inches.
I think I did pretty good. I'll know more (body fat %) later, but it's nice to see the changes. (Not that I can't see them when I look into the mirror.)

After my holidays I'm going to get back up on the horse and start on my new goals. I figure I'll just run outside this week, and then hit the gym once the awards are done. Some of the new goals:
  • Hit 170 pounds. This is mostly to get rid of the love handles and show some more definition. It'll be harder than the previous weight loss because I'll be putting on more muscle while losing fat.
  • Chin ups/Pull ups. I want to be able to bust out at least 10-12 with my own bodyweight.
  • Keep improving on my 5K time. I'd even like to try a race this summer. Getting 23:00 or below would be great.
  • Get The Sidekick to the gym. He says he wants to go, and I'll work him into the schedule as much as possible. I was even looking at training plans today.
I figure those are good ones to start with. I'll reassess in about a month and see where I'm at.

I'll tell you all how I did in the contest when I know. Like I said before - I don't care if I win, I just want free membership and any other benefits I can get . (The odd tanning session might help my pasty white skin.)



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment