Saturday, April 12, 2008

Number One.

While I was closing up at work tonight, I was talking to some of my late-shift staff.

We were talking about working evenings, and the topic got around to who was the preferred manager to work late with. There's a lot of fun guys at work, so I figured the competition would be pretty steep.

I was told by not one, not two, but four employees that I was the best guy to work nights with. You're looking at Number One, right here. (Hey, out of six who were working, that's pretty good.)

Maybe it's because I'm laid back, yet I get things done. Maybe it's my witty sense of humor, and the positive outlook I bring to the job. Maybe it's my ability to relate to the people I work with, regardless of our age differences. Maybe it's the Tequila Body Shots we've all been doing.

(Strike that last one, I just wanted to see if you were paying attention.)

"But wait!", you say "Not everyone picked you". The other two? They chose the guy who doesn't make them do any work. How can you compete with that? The only way to top that would be to start handing out money and liquor. (I'm keeping all of that for myself.)

I know it's just an ego stroke and doesn't mean anything, but to know that you can do your job and not have to be an ass to the people around you is pretty rewarding. The confirmation is quite a nice thing to have.

But don't worry, I won't let it go to my head. What am I going to do, brag about it on the Internet or something?

Oh, wait.....




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment