Friday, April 11, 2008

Mission Accomplished.

I did it.

With one week left to go in the contest, I hit my goal weight.

Since January 22nd, I've lost 40 pounds.

If I were to post a picture, and you were to see it, I'm a svelte 180 pounds. By any BMI calculator, I'm no longer classified as "Overweight." I feel great, I look damn good, and I'm setting new goals to reach. I don't even care if I win the contest anymore.

Yeah, you heard me right.

I don't want to win it all, (But I'll take it if I do win) I just want to win any extension on my membership. I'd like to continue to have the convenience of a gym right across the street from where I work. (And having it for free is the biggest bonus.) I just need it for strength training - I can do the cardio aspect outside now that it's warmer. (I'd even run in the rain if I had to. In fact, I'd welcome it.)

Once we're all said and done with the contest and I'm back from holidays, I'd like to re-establish my goals. A bit more weight loss, and most of the other ones have to do with 5 or 10k times and strength training stuff (pull-ups, etc.)

It'll be great to start the next chapter of this aspect of my life.

Yay me!



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment