Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fleet of Foot.

I'm having an affair.

It's with the treadmill at the gym, and I'm head over heels for it.

In the last two days I've hit a couple of personal milestones on that machine. Yesterday I ran 5K - which I've never done before - with an average min/mile time of 9:13, and today I beat my old personal best average mile by clocking 2 miles at an average of 9:03!

I'm quite happy.

Tomorrow the gym is closed, and I won't be able to see my baby - so I'm going to try something I haven't done in a while. I'm going to run outside. I think I'll head up to the track at Southgate (an elementary school near where I live) and try to do a couple of miles there.

It'll be strange running with no T.V. to look at or no fat guy asking me how much time I have left. Might be nice after all.

I won't forget about my shiny metal baby at the gym, but she'll be there when the holidays are over. I'll take it easy on her once we're back together.

I'm sure she misses me already.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment