Sunday, February 10, 2008

Magnanimous In Victory.

I'm going to be a good sport.

I'm not going to be one of those people who gloats or glorifies in the defeat of others.

I'll be pretty tough though, 'cause the Avs sure put a whoopin' on the Canucks last night.

I was apologetic for the first two goals, admitting that they were lucky bounces on scrambles in front of the net, but after that, I just had to shake my head and smile a lot.

The amount of grief that I take for being an Avs fan in B.C is equal only to the amount the Sidekick gets bugged when he wears his Habs jersey in Toronto.

So to see my team just stomp the shit out of the local boys was simple payback, right? Sure, I know that Vancouver's been playing the shits and their defense is decimated with injuries, but so what? Colorado's three top scorers are out too, so shouldn't that have balanced the tables a bit?

Apparently not, judging by the score. (Ohh! Ice Burn!!)

Oh yeah, I said I was going to be magnanimous and above all the petty gloating, right?


Maybe next time.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment