Sunday, February 17, 2008

Can't Wait For Trewsday.

Right now, I'm basking in audio glory.

I'm listening to the Trews new album, No Time For Later. It's release date is Tuesday, but there's a link on their site that takes you to MuchMusic where you can preview the whole album.

So far, I'm really liking it.

I like it when you can tell a band has grown between albums, but they are also able to stay true to the sound that made you like them in the first place. I think the Trews have pulled it of with this one.

Tracks I really like right now are Man of Two Minds, Paranoid Freak, and Ocean's End.

I like the whole thing, actually - but if I had to pick first impressions, those would be the ones. If it's anything like the last album each song will grow on me, and I'll discover each of them in their own time. I miss the drive to work that I use to have - it gave me time to listen to all this music. (I'm starting to walk to work now that the frost is only a quarter-inch thick - I'll have the time then I guess.)

If you get a chance, check it out.

And since I'm off Tuesday, I'll see you in line at the CD store.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment