Friday, January 11, 2008

Reality Bites.


There's one thing that amazes me about video games today.

They all look so good.

Back in the day - when I was but a young boy, pure and innocent - I was happy with four roaming pixels on my parents television.(May I add that said television screen was 17 inches across and housed in a 32 foot long box made to look like part of the decor?) That's right - feel my pain.

I still recall the moment I first saw my friend playing Donkey Kong on his Colecovison, I thought that the picture was great - way better than my shitty Atari 2600.

My kids would look at that today and ask me if the TV was broken.

What's going to happen in the future? Am I going to be playing Assassin's Creed in fifteen years and have my grandchildren tell me that they can't stand to look at that clunky garbage on my tiny 42 inch screen? (That game looks fucking amazing, by the way.) I'll be the old man who's totally retro because he plays with a controller instead of his mind.

I'll say it now, even though it's too early: Fuckin' punks.

I've got to get back to my game now, but I need some Visine - my eyes are dry from going so long without blinking.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment