Saturday, December 22, 2007

Something Stupid This Way Comes.

There's a lot of stupid people out there.

Case in Point: At work, whenever a customer asks me where something is located, I'm very specific with my directions. I'll tell them what aisle, how far down, what side, and what shelf it's on.
"Tapioca? Why yes ma'am - it's in aisle 7, left hand side, second shelf, about 6 feet down - red box."

After this, either of two things happens:
  1. They follow my directions and find the product they seek. or
  2. They head in the opposite direction from what I pointed, look to the right about two feet in, and look back at me like I switched the store around while they weren't looking.
You'd be surprised at how many people go with option 2.

It's not like my directions are bad - I just think that people don't listen. I'm pretty sure they only hear:
"Tapioca? Why yes, ma'am - it's yada uada aisle yada, yada yada side, yada shelf, yada yada ayda box."
I've tried walking them right up to the product, but they just say they'd rather I tell them. It's a no-win situation. I've come to accept that.

But it doesn't mean I have to like it.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment