Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ask for Babs.

I conducted a tour at work today.

We don't normally do tours.. I guess the Grocery industry isn't just that "cool" and "interesting".

Well there's a bunch of Grade 2 kids out there who'll tell you different.

It's easy to impress them - go into the ice cream cooler and they think it's the greatest thing in the world. The little savages loved the meat cooler - they were actually disappointed that there weren't any carcasses hanging around. I showed them how we cut cases to build displays and one of the kids told me I was "Awesome". (He's shooting low on the career scale, I think.)

It was a great way to step out of my normal job for twenty minutes and have some fun with the kids. I hope I kept them entertained. I'll bet I was so good they'll just hate the next field trip.

"Gee, Mr. Fireman, rappelling down that building and putting out the fire was neat, but can you build a display of paper towels?"

Yep - I've scarred them for life.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment