Thursday, November 01, 2007

Easy Watchin'

Handing out candy is a boring job.

We get about 60 - 80 kids in my neighborhood each Halloween. It's not enough to make it a full-time job from dinner to bed, and it's too many to just shut off the lights and pretend I'm not home.

So it's nice that I can at least have something good to watch (and pause) when I'm not handing out the sweets.

I know your looking at the picture and thinking - "Really? Bordello of Blood? That's his idea of quality filmmaking?". You'll just have to hear me out.

I don't own it.(But I'm thinking of it now.) It happened to be on T.V last night, and I went with that selection. I didn't need to see a slasher film, but I did want something a little bit Halloweenny to watch as I doled out the treats.

And it is a good show. How can you deny these great features:
  • Dennis Miller at his witty best.
  • A Vampire Whorehouse - c'mon, that's just special right there.
  • Corey Feldman dies not once, but twice.
  • Titties, titties, titties.
  • Campy, crazy, funny characters.
  • Holy water in squirtguns.
  • Erkia Eleniak playing a religious girl who doesn't believe in premarital sex. (How many times was she in Playboy?) Oh, the Irony.
I'll admit - I did switch back and forth between this and From Dusk Till Dawn. (I know the Sidekick will want to slap me for choosing someone other than Tarantino/Rodriguez) Two similar movies - but I went with the funny one and it worked for me.

Thinking back, I should have Tivo'd it. But now it's just another excuse to buy a DVD, right?

I endorse this movie, and if you haven't seen it, rent it next Halloween - it's good for a laugh.
(And did I mention Titties?)


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment