Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Legacy.

The other day I tentatively introduced The Boy to Star Wars.

I've always loved these movies, even if George has mangled and distorted them from what I viewed on the screen as a young boy. I wasn't much older than my son when I first saw Star Wars- I hoped he would enjoy them as much as I.

Did he ever.

We've watched the entire Original Trilogy in the past four days - He loves it. His shock when he found out Vader is Luke's father was priceless, as well as his exclamation of joy when Vader helps destroy the Emperor. (He thought Ewoks were "silly" - my heart swelled with pride.)

He wants to be Darth Vader for Halloween now.
(A lot of parents probably wouldn't think that their child dressing up as a Dark Lord of the Sith is a good idea, but I'm not one of them.)

The Boy wants to watch the Prequels as soon as possible now. I think he'll like those just as much as he did the Original Trilogy. Truth be told, I'd be even more proud if he is just a little disappointed in them - just like I was.

That would be the true passage of the Legacy.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment