Sunday, September 09, 2007

Throne of Wisdom.


I have a confession: I don't remember a damn thing from High School.

Well, anything outside of the social aspects. If it was forced into my brain inside the four walls of the school, I've completely forgotten about it now. I still remember the early stuff, reading, writing, and recess, but anything after that? Not at all.

Practically everything I know I've learned from The Bathroom Reader.
(And just to let you know, I'm not a slouch either - I kick ass at Jeopardy.)

Be it historical facts or trivial quotations, I've accumulated this information while relaxing on the porcelain chair. It's amazing how open your mind is to new snippets of information when you are getting rid of that bean burrito from the night before.

I think it's the combination of great lighting and relative silence that makes the data so easy to absorb. There's no eye strain, and there are no distractions: no phones, no kids, nothing but you and the material. Optimum learning conditions.

The funny thing is, because they are published in the States, I now know more American History and trivia than most college graduates from the States.

But I have to be on the Can to prove it.

I've got to go... I feel an urge to go number two learn about Abraham Lincoln's assassination. Can't hold back the quest for Knowledge!


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment