Saturday, September 01, 2007

Compression.

Trying to get three hours of social time, including dinner and visiting, into two hours is a very hard thing to do.

But we pulled it off.

Tonight I was able to get off work, feed the kids and see my grandmother - and still have the kids in bed (slightly) on time. I did have to compromise by telling Grams that we'll be out to see her again on my next day off, but all in all it wasn't too bad.

I do hate rushing things, though. I'm more of a relax-and-chat guy, not a howyadoin'goodtoseeyoutimetogo person. Forcibly cramming pleasantries into a conversation doesn't just happen for me. And trust me, as a parent there are just some things that can't be rushed - a four-year old never does anything quickly when it comes to tidying up or getting ready to leave. (They have to fight the ADD the whole way.)

But now it's over and done with: decompression can occur.
Undo the belt, unzip the pants, and relax.
Oh yeah... that's the ticket.


Later

No comments:

Post a Comment