Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Half-Assed.

I encountered a lot of half-assed situations today.

It was my first day back at work after a couple of days off. I walk in and can already see some things in my section and other general stuff that I'm not going to like.

Now I don't want it to seem like I'm bitching. (Even though I am.) I really enjoy where I work and although it's not paradise, it's better than being a braider at a nose-hair festival.

But nothing irks me more than people who don't complete a task, or only give about 75% of the effort. I'd even be okay if they took a little longer to do the job, as long as it was done right.

I don't think anyone takes any real pride in their work anymore. I know you can't be super excited about everything you do, but isn't it better to do something thoroughly and not hear anything - or do it half assed and have someone like me bitch at you?
That doesn't make your work any more entertaining.

I wasn't nasty about it, but it is my job to tell people what they are doing wrong or how to do it better. In my supervisory capacity, that's pretty much the whole job description. Now wouldn't it be more fun if I got to tell you a witty joke or humorous observation - or would you rather we go over how you could fuck up something that only takes three steps?

I guess I'll file the jokes away for another time....



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment