Thursday, August 09, 2007

F%#k You, Telus.

I've just spent the last 25 minutes fucking around with my Internet connection.

Just so I don't sound too bitter, I'll state now that I haven't really had any problems with it. (Until now.) But this was really pissing me off.

I think one of the issues is that I know a little bit about computers. If I was computer illiterate, I'd speak into the mouse and ask it what's going on. Since that is not the case, it's here that I run into a roadblock.

Telus installs a program on your computer called E-Care. If there is a problem, then the program is supposed to jump up and fix it. (Sounds too good to be true, right?) But it was getting in the way anytime I tried to do anything to solve what I thought was the problem. (I had no problem manually releasing and renewing my IP address, but E-Care kept hanging on that particular step.) Once I got it out of the way, then everything was fine.

But it drove me crazy in the process.

I just had to rant and get it off my chest. Next time, I'm shoving a pencil through the modem.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment