Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Outta Time.

Today my sense of time is all fucked up.

I usually work only three given shifts: 8-5, 9-6, or 12-9. Over the last five years, my hours haven't changed much at all - it's always one of those time periods.

My shift today? 10-7.

There is nothing wrong with the shift per se, but it really messed up the flow of my day. (Other than that, it was a great shift - I was able to accomplish a lot of stuff in the evening portion, which was good, as I'm going into days off.) I'm used to going for lunch and breaks at certain times; I don't even need to look at a clock - if I'm getting hungry, it must be close to lunchtime.

But I had to consciously think about what time it was today. My internal clock was all messed up. It's like everyone around me was on Pacific time, and I'm on Mountain.

The great thing was that the day did go by really fast. The bad thing is that it feels like it's 6:30 and it's really almost 8:30. At this rate I should fall asleep at around 4:30am.

Wish me luck.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment