Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hang Up Your Towel.

(Non-Hockey Fans will not get the above reference.)

I just got home from work tonight in time to watch the Vancouver Canucks lose their playoff series to the Anaheim Ducks.

I've stated before that I'm an Avs fan, but the Canucks are the local team I see on T.V. all the time. So it is hard not to feel a little sad when they don't get to move on to the next round. (It was a shitty loss too. I hope Luongo doesn't get the grief that Cloutier got for letting in a blue-line wrister.) I guess the team that worked the hardest for it ended up winning.

Now I'm at a loss of who to cheer for in the West.

I've picked Buffalo in the East. (Not a Canadian team? Shocking!)
I think I'll hold off until the next round starts.

It's tough to stay interested in the playoffs when none of the teams I really like are in it. It's good Hockey, but I like having that personal connection to a team.

Maybe I'll get inspired.
Maybe I'll just drink beer every game.
Either way, I win.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment