Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fish & Rice

I'm not one for eating fish.

I don't mind it, but it's not the first thing that is going to come to my mind when I look at a menu. (I'm usually looking for the steak and/or ribs section.)

It's the same with rice.

To me, rice is a side dish; not a meal. It's usually the stuff on the plate (beside the veggies) that tends to get ignored while I'm eating. When asked for rice or baked potato, I usually choose rice just because I don't want them ruining a perfectly good potato.

I've had sushi before.

I never really liked it - sometimes it was good and sometimes not. (It's all been store or deli bought) But I have enjoyed it more recently.

My Birthday's coming up soon, and for My Birthday Dinner I've decided that we are going to a sushi restaurant. I've been told by people that it's "10000 times better than anything you'll buy in a store." , so I hope they are not just talking it up.

I'm not sure what to expect - my only experience with a sushi restaurant is the couple of times I've seen that Simpsons episode where Homer eats the poison blowfish. (No "Fugu" for me!) I'm not a complete sushi virgin, I'm just inexperienced in the ways of fish and rice.

I'm sure that I'll enjoy the adventure - heck, I might even go crazy and try something new. But just in case I think I'll pack a steak to eat on the way home. (Is it bad form to ask them to heat it up for me?)


Later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:05 pm

    Try spicy tuna rolls and dynamite rolls. They are by far my two favorite.

    From: Sushi Lover, who used to work for you.

    ReplyDelete