Tuesday, May 22, 2007

American Idle.


As I sit here and type this, my wife is watching the American Idol finale in the next room. Who will win? I could really care less.

The first year of American Idol I found somewhat entertaining. I don't watch any of that stuff from the beginning - I hate the part where shitty singers try to pass themselves off as vocalists - I don't find it entertaining at all. I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of any episode since the second season.

They should really make it a challenge. It doesn't even matter who wins anymore. The top 3 or 4 all release records anyway, so what exactly is the prize? Wasn't it supposed to be the big record deal? Now that they all have it, doesn't that cheapen the effort? So now 15 minutes of fame has become 15 episodes - there's little difference.

I think that only two of the winners have gone on to lasting success - at least so far. Carrie Underwood cornered the country market and Kelly Clarkson - well, she's the original, so she's the one we expected to do well. Clay Aiken is probably giving hand-jobs behind the Am/Pm while Ruben guzzles Nacho cheese straight from the pump. Who can even recall who any of the other winners are now? Not Me.

Needless to say, I can't wait for this show to run it's course. I hope that it dies soon. (It probably won't though - it makes too much goddamn money.) Then people can achieve fame the old fashioned way - by fucking record producers.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment