Saturday, February 03, 2007

Spring Cleaning

I'm aching for warmer weather.

For those who know me and my pasty white flesh, that is a telling statement.

But I'm not in it for the tan. I don't relish the thought of the sun scorching me - I tend to go up in smoke like a Vampire in the movie Blade. ( Is it acceptable to reference a movie from that long ago? Whatever - it's the truth.) It's just that I'm aching for my Spring Cleaning.

The random accumulation of crap from November to February has driven me insane. My self-declared OCD can't handle the disarray. I look longingly to the time when I can going into my garage and just start throwing shit into the back of the truck for a recycling/dump run. As is, I found myself scrubbing the laundry room floor yesterday, periodically stopping to survey the garage and mentally prepare my plan. (Let me get something straight. Most people don't consider my garage that messy. I can get the vehicle in there with lots of room to spare. But I like to have a place for everything and everything in it's place.)

I'm tackling small tasks to get warmed up. Today I went through my bookcases and cleaned and sorted any untidy areas. I found myself at the DVD rack individually wiping DVD's and decided I was being silly. (I'll finish them later.)

I can feel the itch begin.
Spring can't come fast enough.
Someone hand me a broom.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Proper DVD care is no laughing matter my friend...

    ReplyDelete