Thursday, January 18, 2007

Toe-tally Sucks.

Life is funny sometimes.

Today I was all over the place, driving around town, doing errands, basically being out and about in a world full of crappy weather and bad drivers.

No Issues.

Tonight I decide to run home from the gym after my workout. It's just over a kilometer, the road isn't well lit, I have to cross a busy intersection, and I'm wearing dark clothes. (I did mention the crappy drivers earlier, right?)

No Problems.

I make it home and have a shower. There's lots of fog, I'm lathered full of soap, and the stall is slippery like it's been wiped down with bacon fat. (Add to the fact that at times I'm only using one hand and the situation is quite precarious. Don't look at me like that - I was shaving.)

No Trouble.

So it's when I'm playing with The Boys, running around the living room that I cram my baby toe into the leg of the couch while running at top speed. (Top speed in the house that is. About as fast as I run to get a Donut.) Searing pain shoots up my leg, I grab my foot, and as I take my hand away I see the blood. Yup - I've mangled my toe.

It's not too bad. I don't think I've broken it, as I can walk and move it a bit. It hurts like a son of a bitch, but that's what drugs are for. I've got a band aid on it to stop the bleeding, and it seems to be holding back the rushing tide of red blood cells.

I believe I'm going to pull through.

It's just strange how I can go for so long doing so many things that are potentially more dangerous and then damage myself in my own home playing with the kids.

Go figure.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment