Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Split Shift.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" - Dante (Hicks, that is.)

That's not quite true.

I was supposed to be off at 6pm tonight, but a co-worker of mine was not feeling well. Being the charitable son-of-a-bitch that I am, I offered to finish off his shift for him. So I cut my early shift short (just over halfway through) and came back later to lock up.

The only thing wrong with a split shift is coming back. After being away from work for a couple-three hours, it's a challenge to get back into the "work vibe" again.. I dragged my ass to the door, I'll tell you that. I even cursed my charitable inclinations just a bit.

But pulling off a split shift has it's benefits - I look like a hero, and I'm reimbursed in the best currency of all - favors. Having somebody owe you one is a great thing indeed.

So I sucked it up and persevered. (Not really that hard - it's a slow night and I'm about to go on days off.) I made it through and it's done.

Plus it gave me an excuse to use my third favorite Clerks Quote. Right behind "Chicks with Dicks" and "My Mom's been fucking a dead guy for thirty years - I call him Dad."

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment