Sunday, January 14, 2007

One Man's Trash...

What is one of the most disgusting things that you can think of?

Would eating garbage out of the trash Qualify?

If it doesn't, then you might want to look at becoming a Freegan.

Think about it: all the food you want, free of charge. All you have to do is dive into the dumpster to get it. Sure, that apple may be buried under a bunch of condoms and needles, but wipe it off and it probably tastes like it came straight from the tree. (You know, that tree with all the semen and drugs.)

I can understand saying it's for environmental or political reasons, but lets not kid ourselves, you are eating garbage. This isn't a case of the Long John sitting on the edge of the can, (Seinfeld reference) this is wading through the crap people throw out to get some food for free. If you really wanted to affect actual change you would be doing so, not raiding my trash in the hopes that I didn't eat all of my Butterfinger. If you feel justified in chowing down on that old pork chop, go ahead. (Just clear off the mold and cat hair.)

I hear that Freeganism is a growing movement. It's nice to see that someone is giving the Raccoons and stray Dogs a little competition. I guess the rock on top of the garbage can lid won't fool you guys like it does them.

It would be great to see a Freegan Convention. It could be catered by the City Dump, with the Garbage Men as your waiters. ("Hey, My name's Vinnie and this is Fat Joe - We'll be yer servers tonight, arright?") A Tarp, a fork, and napkin, that's all you'd need.

Don't try to convert me. I'm a lost cause. I prefer my foods sanitary and clean. I don't want to know what they did to it in the kitchen, but I know it didn't come out of the trash.


Later.

1 comment: