Thursday, December 28, 2006

Spike of Doom.


Maybe it's me.

Maybe I'm getting old and weak.

I received some DVDs and Games for Christmas, and I've noticed that they are notoriously difficult to get out of the case. (Did I say difficult? I meant fucking impossible.) It's like the guy at the factory who puts the DVDs in the cases was related to Vlad the Impaler.

I have to twist and turn and practically snap the DVD in half to get it out of the case the first time. Once I've popped it's case cherry, it seems to slide easily on it's spike. (Yes, like almost everything else in life, DVD's have a cherry. Hawt.) It's just getting it out the first time that is so frustrating and troublesome.

I haven't yet, but the first time I end up snapping a disc because of one of those spikes, someone is going to pay. I have a feeling it will only happen on a really nice DVD that I've wanted for a long time and had a difficult time in obtaining. (It won't happen to Pretty Woman, it'll happen to a signed copy of Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder.)

Unfortunately if they do fix this problem we could end up with a lot of loose DVDs in cases, rattling around, getting all scratchy and useless. That's not a good alternative.

The best solution I could come up with involved cardboard and a lot of Duct Tape. (As you can tell I used up all my good ideas on the previous post.) I think I'll have to leave this problem in the hands of the professionals. The Movie Industry - they haven't failed me yet. (Oh wait....)

Until then, I'll practice my technique on the Sidekick's DVDs - just in case.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment