Saturday, December 09, 2006

#@$%* Computer.

I should just Nuke it from orbit.

I got the printer problem solved, and then it seemed like my 'puter hiccuped and said "Fuck It." As punishment, it wouldn't let me connect to the Internet. (It wasn't a cable or box problem, I checked - it seems it was a Windows issue.)

Now seeming as it was letting me connect this morning, and seemed to be working while I was updating the printer drivers, you think that it would work now.

Not so.

Nothing would work - I even went so far as to try System Restore!
No dice.
Eventually I could get it connecting through Safe Mode, but as everyone knows, working in safe mode is like juggling with mittens on.
I'm still not 100% sure what I did to get it working again, although I'm sure that my numerous curse words had to have some effect. I was almost ready to perform CPR if all else failed. (CPR = Computer/Pudding/Revolver. Not a pretty sight.)

But I got it working, and that's what counts.

I can Bank, Play Poker (Yay!) Blog, and Illegally Download music.
I'm (re)connected to the world.

All is Good.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment