Sunday, October 08, 2006

Turkey Day, Round Two.

I thought I would try and type out what I can before my brain slides into a Turkey Coma.

Probably be the best sleep I've had in years.

So Turkey day has come and gone once again, and I still wonder what the hell it's all about. Why do we still even have Thanksgiving?

It's not about celebrating the harvest anymore - if it was I'd celebrate every time I went grocery shopping. I know that it's about Family and togetherness, but for 90% of the people I know, getting everyone together into a room and having dinner turns out to be the biggest gong show every year, and for what? Does anyone actually say they are thankful for anything?

Don't get me wrong, I will stand behind my earlier post about why I like Thanksgiving - just because it was all about Turkey. I still think the holiday itself is bullshit though. It's yet another holiday that has completely lost all it's original meaning and become just another commercial excuse.

But that's enough bitching for now.
I feel the sweet embrace of Lady Tryptophan, and she's singing my song.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment