Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Still Ronery.

Looks like I get to rehash this post about North Korea again.

So like I said, the world cries and wails but what are they actually going to do about it? Sanctions? I'm sure that will really hurt Kim Jong Ill. More than likely it would only make the poor people in North Korea even poorer.

I think that it's kind of hypocritical of the Bush administration to condemn North Korea for defying the U.N. demands not to test nuclear weapons. Is this not the same administration that invaded Iraq without U.N approval? Who are they to tell other countries what they can and cannot do?

I don't believe that any country should be developing nuclear weapons. The fact of the matter is that they are only designed for one thing: as much damage as possible. Why do countries like North Korea and Iran feel compelled to have nuclear weapons? Just because the big boys do? Does that mean that I have to get a elephant gun because a guy down the block has one?

The only good thing about all of this (if anything can be considered good about it,) is that people in the general public are finally paying attention to other matters in the world. There were a lot of people around me talking about these tests today. People being informed can only be a good thing. At least they are paying attention to something.

Here's hoping diplomacy can settle the disputes - but if not, just remember: Duck & Cover.
(I'll bet Canadian Tire has a sale on Fallout Shelters next week.)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment