Sunday, September 10, 2006

Congestion.

Is there a Doctor out there?

I'm having a little problem.
(Not that - get your mind out of the gutter.)

For the past couple of days I've had the Sniffles. I'm not sure if that is the medical term for it, but it's the only one I know. The constant running of my nose - like someone turned a tap on in my sinus cavities.
Sniffles I can deal with. The only downside is that I'm walking around rubbing my nose and snorting like a coke friend on the last bender before rehab. (I envy the coke fiends sometimes. So skinny.)

But now only one nostril is functioning. I'm running at 50% capacity.
The other? Who knows - it's closed up like a Chinese border.

I'm going to treat this like most men my age treat any type of illness.
Completely ignore it and hope it goes away.
Oh sure, I could try medication, but wouldn't that make me look like less of a man? Forget that shit. I'm just going to go on with my daily routine, and the only addition to that routine will be the constant bitching I'm planning on doing.

I'm sure the Ancient Greeks or Romans had ways to deal with this type of thing. They must have just ran around in their togas drinking until the evil spirits were flushed from their body. It sounds like a good plan, but at this time I just don't think it's feasible. I envy them - that was real medicine. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways.

But like I said, I'll probably just ignore it until it goes away.
However, if you see me all boozed up in a sheet, you'll know I'm doing my damnedest to beat this thing.

Ah-choo.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel.

    38 days or so, and I should be rid of mine.

    ReplyDelete