Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Unknown Bonus.

We've just had a really busy weekend at work.
We did some record sales, and everything went smooth as glass.
(I like to think that I had something to do with it.)

So I see my Boss today and he says he wants to talk to me. I'm quickly trying to count the thousand possible things I might have done wrong, but he congratulates me on how smoothly everything went. He then tells me that since payroll is coming up, there's a "little bonus" on there for me, just for all the hard work.

I'm flattered, say thanks and that's pretty much the end of it. I figure payday's coming this week, so I'll see what it is then.

When I get home tonight, I realize that I don't get paid for another ten days. Now I have to wait that long to see what the bonus is, how much it is, if it's a raise or just a bonus, or what the heck is going on. I don't even know if anyone else got a bonus, so I'm not going to run around and ask them. (I prefer to keep all financial stuff kinda private from most at work.) I'm not the kind of guy to ask the Boss what it is or will be either. (I think it puts too much emphasis on the money and that's not right.)

So I'll have to wait it out and see what happens. I'll admit, it's nice to be recognized anyway, and the cash doesn't hurt either. I'm not going to complain about it.

Thing is, this weekend didn't even feel like work, that's how smooth it went. I was busy, but I had a great time. Do I feel any guilt for being rewarded for having fun? Maybe just a little....

But don't tell anyone, Okay?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment